Saturday, December 10, 2011

Meeting with the Dentist

I had my big appointment with the dentist, whom I believe is an oral surgeon, and it went okay. I have this problem with a cracked/broken molar in the back, and regardless of what I decide, it really needs to be removed, at the very least. The long term prospect is to have an implant put in, but that sounds a bit heavy, and probably expensive. It requires the insertion of titanium screws into my jaw. Yikes. Before anything, I needed to consult with an expert.

Now since the tooth is so thrashed, removing it might get a little involved, but what I found somewhat refreshing was that he said it might not really be worth it to put an implant in. I won’t bore you with the details, even though it’s pretty interesting, but suffice it to say that biologically and financially, there is a lot to consider. The location in the back of the mouth doesn’t help.

The dentist alluded to the fact that I could just live without the tooth, and that might be the way to go. I was sort of happy with that. We’ll see where this one goes.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Angel Fragallo for the pic.

2 comments:

Cosmetic Dentist El Paso said...

When you are looking for somewhere you can go for family dentistry, you need to make sure you do your due diligence. This means you will need to look at all of the different options and prices when you are trying to figure out where to go. There are many different options and opportunities for where you can go to get your mouth looked at. These days, everyone demand to have a perfect and healthy teeth. A smile is the best medicine that can heal all ailments and this has made it necessary for patients suffering from dental problems, to go for cosmetic dentistry procedures. Whatever be your dental problems, your oral defects can be easily cured with the help of an experienced cosmetic dentist. This procedure not only improves your looks, they improve the function of your teeth as well.

Dentist El Paso

phredude said...

Thanks for the info, it's always helpful, and I agree, teeth are very important.