Monday, December 5, 2011

Skating with Friends and Joining the Club

Our good friends the Es were mentioning that they’d like to take up ice skating, and wanted to meet us at the rink. They are not skaters, though they are skiing pros, and want to expand their winter sport repertoire. We actually gave AE A’s old ice skates, so they were all ready to go for it. We met them at the public skate at UA, and it was fun. There was nobody there, and we had the ice to ourselves. I won’t go into my thoughts about this.

Either way, we had fun. There was nothing scheduled right afterward, so they let us skate long after the public skate was supposed to end. We had to go, but the Es stayed on. I was talking to DF, who runs the hockey program, and we talked about becoming a member of UA. I never really gave it much thought, but you do get a break when you register for camps, not to mention discounts on skating and gear. It works out nicely, so I got a family membership. They are not that expensive, $50, and again, at least in our case, the benefits outweigh the costs.

I love when that happens. Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Lotus Head for the pic.

No comments: