Friday, August 17, 2012

Back to Woodworking

I had told A that I’d make yet another shelf unit for her room, and as usual, let it lie for a few weeks. It’s not an urgent situation, but like many projects, when they get started and then languish, it sort of bugs me and makes me feel like a slacker. The shelf is bigger and a bit more involved, but that’s hardly an excuse.

Either way, I finally decided to get it going, and it proved to be more time consuming that I envisioned. Or to put it more appropriately, I didn’t have huge blocks of time to dedicate to it. One would think that with the kids in camp I’d have all this free time, but that has not been the case, mainly because A has been going to camps and N has been home with me. We end up doing things together and before you know it, the day is over.

Enough of my whining, the shelf is almost done. The next step will be to sand it, and then paint it. Then I can scratch that one project off the list, and that’s always a good feeling, as long as I can ignore the list of other projects calling my name.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: