Friday, August 17, 2012

Physical Therapy

I finally made it over to the physical therapist (PT), and have to admit that I was a little disappointed in the end result. Now I’ve spoken to a number of people who rave about their PTs and recommend them to me, but I ended up choosing one at DHMC because it was the quickest and easiest way. I originally called my doctor and requested a referral to the closest PT, but then I never heard from them. I think there were too many middlemen involved, so this time around I chose the most streamlined approach and kept it close to home. I figured they want to promote their own docs, anyway.

The PT was very nice, and clearly new her stuff, but in the end, she gave me some literature and recommended some back stretches and exercises, many of which I already know of thanks to RR and the Amazing PR Man. I was thinking they were going to hook me up to a morphine drip.

All in all, the world goes on, and though I know my Mentor is shaking his head and thinks I should see his chiropractor, I think I’ll go with this for now. At least it’s good to know that I’m doing the right exercises, though you realize when it comes to good health, there’s no quick and easy fix. You have to work at it and it takes time. Then again, once you wrap your mind around this idea, it all makes sense.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Atlanta Rehabilitation for the pic.

No comments: