Friday, August 24, 2012

Sent to the Principal’s Office

I had been trying for the past few days to contact the principal of the school when I learned that she had retired last year. Well what do you know! There’s a new sheriff in town, so I set up a meeting to talk to him about our kids taking part in school activities, maybe even taking a class or two. At the very least, being involved in band/choir/theater.

The new person is GW, and he’s young. He looks about 21 years old, though I know he’s older. Big, too, like a football player. Really nice guy. I emailed him and went over during the day, and things were a little crazy over there as they’re getting ready for the first day of school, which is in about a week or two.

With all the changes and such, there’s no saying what the status of various programs will be, but I do think things will work out fine. GW was very nice and supportive, and we talked about the possibility of A maybe taking a language class or some other offering. They are actually going to offer some cool engineering/design courses, so that may be a possibility, as well.

It was a nice and fruitful visit, and I figured it’s good to check with the man in charge before jumping into activities at the school. I think in years past, I just had Audrey go to these activities without really checking with the principal, and it worked out fine, but this time around I figure I should do it right.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Jack The Scribbler for the pic.

No comments: