Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Good Weekend of UF

The kids were fresh off of a busy week at camp, and not only were they (and us!) tired, but they both had colds, as well. Total bummer. They did, however, insist on going to ultimate frisbee, even though all I wanted to do was work around the house, mainly the woodpile and lawn. Oh well, sometimes there’s just no denying your kids.

I was half expecting nobody to be out there since the crowds have been fairly anemic, but there was a good group, and the players were top notch. We had a great game, both A and N scored goals, and it was a blast. Probably our last UF game for awhile, so I’m glad we went. Several of the players have commented on how the kids have grown and improved as UF players, which is really nice. Of course I think that myself, but it’s good to get an outside opinion to cement my feelings.

It was also interesting talking to some of the older kids because you get a sense of what schools they attended in high school, which is something we need to at least give some thought to. Just add it to the list, right?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to pmarkham for the pic.

No comments: