Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Denied Our Ice Time

It was nice to be back home after our trip to OH, especially since it meant a few more hockey games for dad. I didn’t have to wait long, either, because I had a game on the Monday after our Sunday return. You can’t beat that.

Then again, there was a problem. We were all getting suited up at Thompson Arena when I noticed these young women arriving and going into the locker room. They didn’t seem like adult hockey players, they were too young, they looked like high school kids, and then I saw the figure skating coach appear, and I began to wonder. The guy working there said there was a scheduling problem and the Dartmouth figure skating team was having tryouts for a few prospects. That explained the young women, and it was looking like our game was going to be cancelled.

The guys apologized, but in reality, our pickup hockey games were not going to supercede an official Dartmouth event, no matter how much we bickered or complained. It makes perfect sense, it’s their arena. So we all got undressed and went home. I was bummed we didn’t get to play, but it meant I got to go home earlier and have an early night. You have to look at the bright side of things.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to costagiovanniv for the pic.

No comments: