Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Tomato Bounty

I was beginning to wonder about our tomatoes and if they were ever going to ripen, and no sooner had I wondered this when they started turning red. Gradually they are ripening, and we are almost at the point where I am wondering to myself what the heck I’m going to do with all these tomatoes. Some of them are even impressive, if not funny looking. It’s called a Mortgage Lifter, and they tomatoes are huge.

The question is, what to do with it? On the one hand, they’re big enough to make salsa, but is that really putting the tomato to good use? You can use garbage tomatoes and make decent salsa, what do you do with tomatoes that border on the sublime? You eat them, that’s what. Probably with olive oil and a good, crusty bread. Sounds like a plan.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to ARL and NRL for the pic.

No comments: