Sunday, August 19, 2012

Board to Death

I don’t mean to be cheeky, but I don’t know what to make of this. The other night we had another board meeting and it, once again, went to 11:00PM. Four hours of arguing, and by the end, I was pretty exasperated. What exactly did I get myself into? It’s one thing if we’re arguing over issues that affect the state of the free world, but come on. The topics were so trivial, and people were getting so heated over the debate. I can understand being passionate about something, but at some point, you have to pick your battles and try to remember that there are other people involved who have places to be and lives to lead. It was just silly to go that long. I was bummed, and at some point R called me on the cell phone to see if everything was okay, and I felt bad.

Something’s gotta give, there’s absolutely (without question) no reason that these meetings have to go so long. The issues are minor, and everyone should just act like adults and deal with it accordingly. Then again, who really cares what I think?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to stovak for the pic.

No comments: