Thursday, August 16, 2012

No Reply (sort of) At All

So sorry for my prolonged absence, I've been swamped with hockey, the camp, being Martha Stewart, and school, but don't get me started.

Free image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net

As one of my first big jobs as scheduler, I sent out a mass-intro email to the other hockey programs, expecting to be swimming in responses, didn’t hear from anybody. It kind of made me feel lonely. I was hoping to get the ball rolling on this ASAP, but I’m constrained by how the other people respond, which can be frustrating. What makes me a little anxious is that I was told that most of the games should be scheduled by the time of the big meeting, which is coming up. However, they’ve changed everything, and now the big meeting is not such a big meeting, after all.



Now I don’t know what to think. Responses are slowly trickling in, but only a small fraction of what needs to be done. Part of the problem is that most of the other teams don’t know what their alotted ice times at home are, so they can’t schedule home games. That, of course, doesn’t help me, but what are you going to do?

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: