Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Being Organized

I think it goes without saying (then why am I saying it?) that if we are going to survive this go-around of the market, we will have to be more organized, or perish from the process. I guess this is most applicable to yours truly because not only will a brunt of the work fall on my shoulders, but I’m terribly disorganized, and suffer accordingly.

With this in mind, we have to keep our feet moving at all times, especially the day after the market, which will be critical. When the market ends, all you want to do is sit back and pat yourself on the back, but before you know it, the weekend is here, and we have to make dumplings for the following week. This means having fillings made and ready, and all the supplies on hand. The hardest part is getting that darn ground beef. The drive out to Pomfret is a bit of a drag, but that’s what you have to do to get the killer local beef. I would buy more of it at at time, but our freezing capacity is being pushed to the limit over here. Then again, maybe it’s time to clean house.

Either way, we have to keep dumpling on our minds at all times, because we have so many other things going on, and the time conflict can be overwhelming. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go make dipping sauces.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to marcelo rubinstein for the pic.

No comments: