Friday, June 24, 2011

Flashes of Brilliance

As I mentioned, I bought the wrong water bottle for N. I brought along his regular bottle, and noticed that all of the other kids had the same type of squeeze bottle with the long straw on the end. I chalked it up to conformity before I realized that there was a practical side to it all - the straw was the only way to drink water through the cage of the helmet. Duh!

Well, I got him a new bottle, and then proceeded to forget it this last practice. Dad is such a knucklehead sometimes, a fact that my kids are more than happy to remind me of. There was still the issue of getting fluids into N, so I got him a Gatorade and told him he had to take his helmet off to drink it, which he hates doing because he thinks it’s a big pain in the you know what.

Then N enlightened me with a brilliant insight. He said to put the drink in a cup and he could drink it through a straw. Wow, why didn’t I think of that? Of course, it worked out beautifully.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to ilker for the pic.

No comments: