Thursday, June 2, 2011

Ultimate Frisbee

We had a busy weekend last week, and after spending a long day at FF, we went back to the field and played ultimate Frisbee after supper. Talk about a workout, exacerbated by having a full stomach, not to mention an old body that is falling apart.

The reason we went in the first place was because A&N’s buddies were going to be there, and once they’d heard about it, A&N wanted to go. I was hoping that they would have forgotten about it by the time we finished supper, but those guys have memories like elephants, and there was no way they were going to miss this one.

To be clear, I had every intention of sitting in my chair and watching the game from the sidelines, but of course, when we got there, they asked us to join. The more, the merrier. I was so bummed, because N was itching to play, and I couldn’t make him go out there by himself. So I got up out of my comfortable chair and joined in.

I have to confess, it was fun, but what a workout. We were just running constantly. It reminded me of soccer, but not nearly as strenuous. Plus, it was hot out there, and I hadn’t brought much water because, as I mentioned, I had zero intention of playing.

The other players spanned the range of skills, some of whom were like pros out there. Pretty impressive stuff, and they were all very nice about including N in the play, encouraging him and making sure that he felt like a part of the game. True gentlemanly gamesmanship, which I can totally appreciate.

Best of all, I didn’t throw up, which I was sure I was going to do since I’d just eaten supper. N had a blast, and is hooked, I believe. Looks like we’ll be attending more games in the future.

My legs are still sore, though I have to confess, I really enjoyed it. If the kids are having fun, I’m having fun.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to hk hjgk for the pic.

No comments: