Monday, June 6, 2011

That Guilty Feeling

Okay, the local market is approaching, and I am faced with a bit of a dilemma. First off, several people have given us loads of grief over the fact that we are not doing the local market, and believe me when I tell you, we feel really guilty. Not enough to do the market, mind you, but people have no concept of how hard we slaved last year, and as much as we loved doing the local market, it kept us working every day of the week. If this was our only gig in life, we could do every farmer’s market out there, but R works full time, I work part time. Toss in the fact that I’m training to be a real man while trying to jump start my glorious freelance writing career, and let us not forget the most important matter at hand, the kids, and... well, you get the idea.

The fact is, when we pondered whether or not we would do any markets, my first thought was forget about it, it wasn’t worth it. Money isn’t everything, right? However, when we decided that we’d only do one market, suddenly my cloud of depression lifted and it all seemed possible. Doing one market meant that it was plausible to spend two days making dumplings, rather than every day of the week. With a little organization, we could pull it off. Sure, we wouldn’t make as much money, but we also wouldn’t be miserable and depressed, and that’s all that matters, in the end.

Anyway, I digress, as usual. The other problem I have is that there is no way we are not going to the farmer’s market, because the kids love it, and it’s an enjoyable time for all. Plus, we spend that part of our day in the area, so we’re right there in the thick of things.

This should be interesting. The only thing is, what sort of excuses am I going to come up with?

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Sigurd Decroos for the pic.

No comments: