Friday, June 24, 2011

Proud Hockey Dad, and Paying For It

N is loving hockey, and he’s good at it. I can’t tell you how cool I find this development. The kids look so cool in their hockey gear, and it’s amazing to watch them skate around and play. I envy them. The fun, however, comes at a price. Our days are crazy, and hockey doesn’t mess around with scheduling. It can be grueling when you really get into it.

Even this camp is supposed to be an intro, but it starts at 8:30 and goes until aournd noon. This takes up a huge chunk of the day, though I really enjoy watching him. Yesterday, we had hockey all morning, then R dropped A off at the library. After he was done, I had to go pick her up, then we went back to the rink for public skate. After skating, we had to go to W. Leb Feed to get cat collars, then back home to have a late lunch.

We were slated to go to the Summer reading kickoff at the library, but before that, I had to deal with this skunk in our Have a Heart Trap. I also had to prepare for the market, and at some point, you really feel overwhelmed. Being the loving husband that I am, I also made supper for R so she could have something to eat when she got home.

I wanted to work on the computer at the library, but didn’t want to be too antisocial so I hung out at the picnic and chatted with the parents. Then when the show started, the library actually closed, so I couldn’t work and had to sit through the show. Afterward, we went home, the kids got ready for bed, and I started loading the cars for the market. After that was done, I had to make sauces for the dumplings, and then get N’s equipment ready for hockey the next morning, after which we will have to get to the market.

How’s that for completely insane? Then again, you make your bed and have to sleep in it. The question is, who gets any sleep?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Patti Gray for the pic.

No comments: