Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Getting it Wrong and Dumplings

Boy, talk about being dazed and confused. A had her ensemble rehearsal and I got the time and place all mixed up. In my defense (I am not defensive!), the teacher bounces the location between Hanover and Norwich, and I could have sworn he said that during the Summer his lessons are in Norwich. Taking this to heart, I probably didn’t read the email closely enough, and assumed it was in Norwich, which is nice because there is a cool playground that N loves to hang out in.

R took the kids and yours truly stayed at home and made dumplings. At some point I got a phone call from R saying that there was no guitar lesson in Norwich. There was some birthday party going on instead. Oops! I called the Hanover location and they said that there was a lesson scheduled for 3:30, so looking at the bright side, I got it wrong, but left time to spare. R jetted the kids over to Hanover and A made it on time. Whew! I need a Blackberry.

Either way, while all this drama was unfolding, I made dumplings for Wednesday’s market. Things have been slow, the weather has been terrible, so we don’t have to make as many dumplings. This is good and bad, for reasons that are probably obvious. On Sunday, we’ll do the final push for the coming week, which is going to be crazy once again, but as long as the kids are happy, mom and dad are happy.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to ilker for the pic.

No comments: