Friday, June 3, 2011

Ticked Off

I got my first tick, first ever in my whole life. I’d never had a tick bite before, though as a parent in New England, you’re acutely aware of them and vigilantly on the lookout for them on yourself and especially the children.

The bummer of it all was that I saw it the day before on my shoulder, and thought it was a small scab or something, and ignored it, though something wasn’t quite right about it. The next day, I looked at it again, and it was fatter. Then I knew, and pulled the sucker off and dropped it into the freezer for safe keeping, just in case we need it for analysis.

I was bummed, but what are you going to do? Summer in Vermont, and I think it’s going to be a bad one for bugs because we had an amazingly we Spring, so things are primed and ready to grow. The mosquitoes thus far have been the worst I’ve seen for this time of year, so we’ll see how it goes.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to sergio venturi for the pic.

No comments: