Thursday, June 30, 2011

Making Friends

I ended up making a friend during hockey camp, and he’s a SAHD, as well, though to his credit, he works way more hours than I do. JW works evenings as a fireman and then watches the kids for most of the day while his wife, HW, works full time, I’m assuming.

He’s one the nicest and friendliest guys I’ve ever met, always cheerful and pleasant. His son was doing hockey camp with N, and we hung out the entire time and chatted about life. What a great guy. By the end of camp, we exchanged emails and I’d love to KIT, but probably never will, unless we cross paths in the hockey universe. In the end, it’s hard for me to develop friendships unless there is a common bond with our kids. His son is little young to really hang out with N, so it’s difficult to just hang out as guys.

Oh well, I’m sure we’ll see him around, he lives in the big city, and we are there fairly frequently, probably eating at the same places. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to wendy domeni for the pic.

No comments: