Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Blongo Ball

Not wanting to be a victim of “I told you so,” by way of R, we made our own blongo ball set instead of going out and dropping $70 on a new one. The total cost of making it was about $20 for parts and the balls, but it was a rewarding experience because N got to essentially put it together on his own, thus having a feeling of accomplishment, and we got to work together on it, providing the father-son bonding experience.

Let us not forget that we also saved money, because as R indicated from the get-go, she didn’t want to go out and buy another plastic toy made in China that was going to sit around gathering dust. While I completely understand this line of thinking, you can’t deny your kids everything they want in light of this, or I guess you can, but what fun is that? Making the device ourselves resolves a lot of the problems.

I’m bringing this up because, sure enough, the blongo ball was at first a hit, but has since been somewhat idle on the grass. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a cool game, but I’m guessing the novelty of it all has worn off a bit. Summer isn’t over, yet, however, and I’m sure we’ll get a lot more use out of it.

For now, thanks for reading.

No comments: