Friday, July 8, 2011

Serendipity Through OCD

A indicated that they were having a little potluck lunch for their theater group, and of course, dad’s mind starting racing as to what to make for it. She said she’d like me to make these boiled potatoes that we eat with either olive oil or butter, which is fine, but didn’t seem like enough. I first thought pasta, but then it dawned on me that we have an overload of fruit in the house.

This always happens to me when Summer hits. The variety of fruits that are available strikes a resounding chord in my OCD tendencies, and I seem to stock up on Summer fruits. This would be fine if they have an indefinite shelf life, but they don’t, and it’s shame when they go to waste. Currently we have bags of peaches, nectarines, and apricots, not to mention grapes that are waiting to be devoured. I think R sees them and shakes her head in disbelief.

Now that this potluck is coming up, I can use some of the extra fruit to make fruit salad. How cool is that? I love when that happens.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to RIC for the pic.

No comments: