Friday, July 29, 2011

Goodbye, AZ

Today is our last day in AZ, and I have to confess, as much as I'm disparaging of this state, we had fun. The kids had a blast, and the fact that they love it here so much bums me out a bit, but it's easy to love a place when all you do is swim, eat ice cream, and go to amusement parks. Daily life is when the truth comes out.

Either way, we are flying back to Vermont, and all I can say to that is hallelujah! Get me out of this heat. There's something not quite right about spending 360 days of the year in air conditioning. What sort of life is that? I realize there are reasons people love it here, just as there are reasons people hate living in Vermont. Different strokes for different folks, right?

It's been an interesting trip, with lots to tell, but more on that later. Just wanted to mention that it started out horribly, and ended well. I love when that happens. For now, thanks for reading, and thanks to gulekk for the pic.

No comments: