Monday, July 4, 2011

Library Time

Sorry for my absence, but I've been swamped with dumplings and kid's camps that I can't seem to get online.

Either way, a few weeks back, the director of the library, MD, asked if A was interested in helping out for the 4th of July book sale, and I said I’d ask, and sure enough, she said that she’d be thrilled to. Then, of course, I’d forgotten all about it until a day or two ago. I frantically called the library, sure that it had already been done and we not only missed the boat, but flaked out on our promise to help.

Well, as luck would have it, the job had not been done, yet, so we agreed to jet over there after camp and work on some of the items for the sale. As it turns out, the children’s librarian’s daughter is in camp with A and they are kind of buddies. She’s a super nice girl, and witty and talented. She auditioned at the same time as A for the big stage play, and she actually won a part.

Anyway, at camp, they talked about working on a float for the parade, and it was decided that they’d go for it, so we all went over and they worked on it while I tried my best to stay out of the way. N gets to join in, as well, so it should be fun. Best of all, boring old dad here has nothing to do with it, so it’s really a complete kid’s production, and something they can be proud of.

You have to love when that happens. Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Zsuzsanna Kilian for the pic.

No comments: