Monday, July 11, 2011

Taking Care of Library Business

About four months ago at our trustee meeting, I was asked to deal with some issues regarding the library, and of course I blew it off since then. I felt bad, but was not sure what I was supposed to do, and in these situations, I’ve found the short term solution that I always embrace is to ignore it and hope it goes away. Unfortunately, it never does.

I finally decided the time had come to act, especially in light of the fact that when the president sent out the upcoming agenda for the next meeting, it specifically mentioned my name as dealing with this issue. Thanks a lot.

Anyway, I think it’s been handled, though for the record, it is a little complicated, and not over just quite yet. I think I’ve gotten the ball rolling, and the next steps will occur in due time. For now, I’ve got something to show the other board members that will lessen their impression that I’m a slacker. Now they'll know I am.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Pawel Bialas for the pic.

No comments: