Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Injury Report

It seems I can’t go a week without some sort of pain and misery. This week seems to be my shoulder, and man does it hurt. I can’t raise my arm above the height of my shoulder, and I’m guessing I’ve got rotator cuff issues. This has been an ongoing problem. About 20 years ago I had a bad mountain biking accident, the first and last time I’d ever mountain biked. I went over the handle bars and thought I’d broken my collar bone, the pain was debilitating.

Ever since then, my should acts up on occasion, and it’s never really felt 100%. I’m guessing that ultimate frisbee has aggravated the problem, because it involves a lot of movement up there, and I can’t figure out what else might have caused this. It really acted up at A’s play, and I was talking to DH about it, and he said he’s going to have surgery on his after years of pain. I happen to know several guys who have had surgery on their shoulders. Yikes!

The only solution to the problem will be to practice throwing the frisbee with my left hand, because I can’t stop play UF now, can I? This should be interesting.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Billy Alexander for the pic.

No comments: