Monday, September 19, 2011

Busy Like a Bee Around Town and at the Market

R’s family came for a visit this past week, and while they hung out and found their groove, we had places to be and things to do. I had cancelled guitar with KR because too much was going on, but we still had tennis and then story hour. After that, of course, was the farmer’s market, and JR mentioned an interest in checking them both out. I thought these would be good opportunities to show her what a cool town we have, and for her to meet some of the really cool people. I think it was a bit of a whirlwind for her, but she hung in there like a trooper.

Since we had tennis, we were not going to be there for the main meal of the day, so I had to whip together some sandwiches and have them eat on the road. Tennis was actually a lot of fun, we met up with DE and his wonderful kids, C&I, and while the beginner class was going on, DE and I played with some of the older kids. It was a lot of fun, though I feel like an old man out there.

After tennis, we jetted back home, and then we headed over to the library. Last week I regretted not bringing a snack because it was all up to AM. She brought some rice crispy treats that she’d made, but there were a lot of kids, and they ran out. This time I remembered to bring some kettle corn, though I wanted to make it but as usual, ran out of time. Either way, it worked out fine.

The library visit was nice, we got to meet a bunch of people, all of them great folks. Then we got to sit in on the story hour, and it was a nice time. We saw firsthand the kids in action, some good, some not so good. Afterward, we hit the market. The kids were off and running, so we could walk slowly take in the scene. We also got to buy a pizza from MD, which we ate for supper back at home.

At some point I had to round up the kids and take them home. A&I’s dad was playing in the band, which for the record did a great job, so they were staying for the whole market, which naturally meant that we were staying for the whole market. I didn’t mind, I’m glad the kids had fun.

We went home and there was a hot meal waiting for us. We chowed, hung out, and then hit the sack. We were all exhausted, no one more than me, but what else is new? The fatigue, however, is not in the least unbearable when you’ve had a good day.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Robert Michie for the pic.

No comments: