Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fourteenth Market and the Final Stretch

Or was it the 15th? Honestly, I can’t recall, but I will say this - I can’t wait for the season to be over. It won’t be long, we are in the home stretch here, and with R’s parents here for the weekend, we can’t make dumplings so we’re going to skip next week. All I have to say to that is hallelujah!

My attitude to the market has really gone from bad to worse, and I just want it to be done. It didn’t help that the last market was one of our slowest, despite the huge number of crowds. There were so many people out there, it was freshman move-in day, so there were students and parents everywhere, yet we didn’t sell that many dumplings.

There are more food choices at the market, several new vendors, so it could be a dilution effect. This is a good thing because it really makes us expendable. Normally you wouldn’t want this to transpire, but seeing that we don’t see a long term future in the doing dumplings, I feel better that the prepared foods front will do well without us. In fact, even S, the manager, doesn’t seem to mind if we can’t make it because she can easily replace us. Again, this doesn’t make us feel bad.

Looks like we’ll get to enjoy another weekend dumpling free. That is, of course, until next week. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Jonathan Chasteen for the pic.

No comments: