Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I Take It Back

It’s funny how the world works. Right after the massive flooding that has really devastated certain regions of this state, I commented on this blog how I hadn’t heard from either my mom or my brother. We are not incommunicado, but I rarely hear from them. A good example is they never make contact on R and my birthdays, nor the kids, but don’t get me started on that.

It’s complicated, I admit, but I just assume that’s the way things are. Even in lieu of their silence, I still send them birthday and holiday greetings, and A keeps in touch with her cousin. I also send updates to my mom about our lives, especially the kids.

Anyway, after Irene, I’d heard from several concerned friends about our condition, and we were in relatively good shape. We lost electricity, and some trees fell, but nothing like people living near the rivers. I assumed that I wouldn’t hear from my brother and mom, and then sure enough, both of them contacted me. My mom sent me an email and even offered support if we needed it. What really floored me was that my brother called and left a message. I couldn’t believe it. I haven’t heard from him in what seems like years.

Just goes to show you, life is full of surprises. That and the fact that I don’t know what I’m talking about.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Cecile Graat for the pic.

No comments: