Saturday, September 10, 2011

Helping Out

Our friend from work, MD, is a foodie and has aspirations to explore her passion. She toyed with the idea of doing the farmer’s market, but didn’t get much support from the folks in the big city. She talks to R all the time about food, and R mentioned the possibility of doing the local market, which is always looking for prepared foods. Plus, SI, who runs the local market, is the nicest person you’ll ever meet, and was supportive of the idea. MD’s idea is to make pizzas that are cooked and ready to take home to re-heat and eat. Sounds like a great idea to me.

I spoke with MD at the last market, and I told her that if she even had the slightest inclination to do this, then she should absolutely go for it. This is something I try to teach our kids: when in doubt, go for it and find out for yourself. Never let other people decide for you or discourage you from trying something, because you never know until you try, and there is nothing worse in life than saying, “What if?” or “I should have...”

Believe, me, I know all about that. So MD decided to go for it, we’re glad, and we’ll probably be there to be supportive and help out. I hope all goes well, but again, you never know until you try.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Sarah Barth for the pic.

No comments: