Sunday, September 4, 2011

Good Local Market

We had a really nice time at the local market, and I think people are starting to return to the scene, albeit a little slowly. SI has done a nice job of bringing in needed food vendors to replace the guys who have bailed out, i.e., us. My guilt is not enough to return to making dumplings, don’t get me wrong, but I do feel bad. Don’t get me started down that path.

There are some nice food options at the market, and they even brought in a Thai food stand. It’s nice, and I felt obliged to support as many vendors as possible. It actually works out beautifully because I can work a little at the library while A&N get crazy and play with the other kids. Then I can pick up dinner and dessert, thus helping out the vendors while making our lives more enjoyable. The standard meal is quiche with fresh bread, salad made at home, followed by some cake or cookies. I also got some pad thai and spring rolls.

Also, the Mediterranean food stand has a grill and is now serving hot food, including hot dogs and burgers. Awesome. I got a hot dog just to support them, and I know N will be excited because he’s a hot dog lover.

Things may be looking up. Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Alex Bruda for the pic.

No comments: