Monday, September 26, 2011

Scoring at the Listen Center

We had our big day off from the market, so we made the most of it and got some stuff done. Part of this was a stop at the Listen Center. N has been talking about getting a football, why I can’t say. We never watch football in our house, though I like it. He started asking for a football for his birthday, and I figured it would be easy enough, though it would have to be the right size.

When we were at the Listen, we found not just one, but two that were perfect for him. He chose one and suddenly, we were ready to play some football. For the record, the ball cast 75 cents. A got a nice oxford, and I scored a canvas bag, something I’m always searching for.

I have to confess, I have certain things in mind when we go there. I’m always searching for sports equipment for the kids, though you’re generally going to find junk there. That’s fine for things like ski poles or baseball gloves, but for serious stuff like skis or hockey equipment, you really have to go to a better source and usually buy new. Such is the life of winter sports.

I’m also always in search of good bags to hold anything and everything in, especially groceries. Those reusable bags you get at the store are so poorly made, they really can’t hold much in the way of food. As for books, forget about it. Also, I wanted to get a new warm jacket, but it’s not an urgent situation. Every now and then, if you’re diligent, you can score a nice coat, especially if you shop at the Listen adjacent to the big city.

We got home and N immediately pumped up his football and we tossed it around. I have to say, that young man can throw a football, especially in light of the fact that he’d never thrown one before. He got some perfect spirals going, I was amazed. Then again, he is a jock.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: