Sunday, September 11, 2011

Local Market Picking Up

Things seem to picking up at the local market, though I think one of the farm vendors dropped out, which is unfortunate because he did a really nice job. However, more prepared food people are showing up, and there is even a hot grill with burgers and hot dogs. How cool is that?

I say this with joy because it makes me feel little less guilty about not being there. How shameless is that? My new honey source, however, seems to have dried up a bit, because every time I inquire about the stuff, they are out, and I get some excuse as to why they don’t have it. At some point you just give up.

Our friend MD also had her inaugural day at the market and I hope her pizza business went well. We bought two of them and they were really good. The idea is that she makes pies ready to cook, so all you have to do is heat them up at home. 10 minutes in the oven. We had pizza for supper, along with fresh tomatoes and olive oil, with lots of bread to sop up the extra oil. I feel so Euro.

The kids had fun at the market, they got to see all of their buddies, and it was a pretty happening scene. Of course, we stayed until it ended, making for a really long day, but everyone had fun, so it was it all okay. Plus, the weather has been beautiful, warm dry days and cool in the evening. New England Summer/Fall at its best.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Christopher Mazzoli for the pic.

No comments: