Friday, September 9, 2011

Quiet, Cozy Day at Home

We skipped the last market and ended up spending a nice, quiet day at home. We should do this more often. Then again, we are in the final stretch here, and I think there are only 4 or 5 more markets. We’ll suffer through these and then move on with our lives.

Our day at home was really nice, peaceful and productive in its own way, though sometimes when I get too ambitious with domestic projects, I get stressed out, but I’m working on that. The kids played together all day, and though by the end of it they were pretty worked up and energized, they did a wonderful job of entertaining themselves and using their imagination. I still attribute this to the fact that we don’t watch TV or play video games.

I ended up getting a lot of baking done, since it was raining cats and dogs outside and I couldn’t really do a lot of real-man work. I opted for the Martha Stewart approach and made bread, cookies, apple cake, and cauliflower casserole. At one point I asked the kids if they wanted to go to the library, and they said no, they were too busy having fun at home. How cool is that?

Even still, it’s been raining for a few days straight, we could use a break in the weather. I, for one, could use some sunshine, but that’s just me.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Alexander Kalina for the pic.

No comments: