Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Calling for Faceplates

I'm never really sure what to make of free offers. I like the idea of free things, but have found that when there is not money being paid out, you simply cannot rely on things actually happening. This is especially true with getting things done around the house, understandably so.

The kids got some cool two-way radios for N's birthday, and they came with an offer for free color faceplates. We submitted the order online, and then waited for what seemed like months. The kids were relentless in their inquiry regarding the shipment, but they never seemed to come.

I was reluctant to call since they were free and could not really expect the best customer service, but A&N kept asking, so finally I called. Well, if you can believe this, the people at Motorola not only had a record of the order, but they told me when they would be shipped. Score one for them on customer service.

Also just goes to show you, you never really know until you try. I could talk myself out of doing anything, but just a little bit of effort can sometimes yield results, sometimes significant ones.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.
figured free things don't come easy
called and they had a record of our order
kids asking constantly, not sure what to tell them

No comments: