Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Helping Our Wonderful Library

As a trustee for our local library, I'd like to do more to help out, and a lot of that boils down to helping solicit funds. Volunteering time is a big plus, but what a community library needs most, especially ours, which is such a great little library, is money to buy things and most importantly, to pay their staff to keep up the good work. How can you not want to help?

So, I am going to do my best, mainly because I have so much free time and don't know what to do with it. In an ideal world, I'd write a grant, or several grants, but having never done this, the challenge could kill me. Something to aspire to.

In the meantime, I'll write letters and learn how to write grants. How's that for a start? We are in the process of seeking out grants that the library might qualify for, so that's a good place to start. I'll let you know how that goes.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Zsuzsanna Kilian for the pic.

No comments: