Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Loving Karate

This pleases me to no end, but A has been really getting into karate, and she is doing such a nice job. She takes it very seriously, takes the time to learn the spars and katas (she's a good learner), and is earning the praise of Master H and sensei H. They could be biased because I'm her dad, but I think she does a great job and I'm the most thoroughly objective person on the planet.

Either way, I'm glad she's taking it seriously. It's good for her to have goals, challenge herself, and work hard at something that has tangible rewards, not to mention fitness and self-defense benefits. Plus, she has many friends involved in the class, and she gets to be mentored by some stand-up people, including some good female role models.

Being able to bust a few heads now and then isn't a bad thing, either. Thanks for reading, and thanks to Christopher Bruno for the pic.

No comments: