Friday, November 5, 2010

Music Lessons Cruising Along

I am happy to report that thus far, A&N love their lessons. They are having a lot of fun, and it could because they like the teacher, JB, or that they simply enjoy the instruments. I hope it's a little of both.

Their enjoyment and interest, however, present us with a couple of conundrums. First off, if they continue along, at some point we are going to have to invest in the instruments of choice, i.e., a piano and drum set. I personally think these are worthy investments because they are things everyone in the house can enjoy, and what better rite of passage for a child than to experience the torment and suffering of having to perform a piano or drum recital in front of family and friends?

The only question is, if we got said instruments, could we maintain our sanity with them being blasted throughout the house at all hours of the day? The better question I guess would be, can I handle it, considering the fact that I'm the one home all day.

The things you do for love. Besides, it's like Charles Bukowski said, some people never lose their minds and go crazy. What horrible lives they must lead.

Whatever be the case, I really hope they maintain their interest and continue their love of music. It is a really important part of our lives, and one I hope they embrace, as well.

I think this is the case. So far, so good.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Miroslav Nagy and Bo de Visser for the pics.

No comments: