Saturday, November 13, 2010

Karate Gear

I had a good experience with Karate Depot as they came through once again with great service. I had ordered A her gear for sparring, but the helmet was too small, even though I measured her head and used their sizing chart, even going a size up, just to be safe. Even then, it was too small, so I had to exchange it.

We wanted to get the new one before her next class so she could wear it when she trained her hands and feet to be lethal weapons, but the way it works is you return the merchandise and then they send you the new one. That would take weeks. Also, the helmet was part of a package, so it was cheaper than if you bought it separately. Because of this, I couldn't simply buy another one at the right size, send the old one back and get a refund.

Either way, I spoke with the rep, and she was amazingly helpful. She agreed to sell me a new helmet a la carte for the cheaper price, and then refund it when the other one came back.

That was really cool, and it worked out beautifully. Now A is all set, and I think all the cool equipment is piquing her brother's interest, so we'll see.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: