Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Saved By the Higher Belts

I was all set to have my first karate class as a newly minted brown belt when I got the dreaded phone call from our sensei. Not only was he not going to be able to make it, but neither was Master H, which meant there was a high likelihood that yours truly was going to have to run the class. I'd done this in the past, but wasn't so keen on it. Besides, it's hard to keep kids focused and interested, I just don't have the charisma.

We got to class early and set up, and I kept my eyes on that front door, hoping the higher belts would come. Sure enough, NS and BS arrived, and being black belts (BS is a brown belt, but for all intents and purposes, should be a black belt), were senior members and thus were going to hold class. I was so happy.

For the record, both of them are great teachers, and PC and I spent the night with BS and she taught us things about the katas that we never knew. It's a great experience.

We had a great class, learned a lot, and are moving forward in our learning. Master H mentioned another mid-term test coming up for the people who did not test this last time, so we have things to go over and polish at home.

Nothing but the best for our trained killers. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Sucker for the pic.

No comments: