Sunday, November 7, 2010

Progress On My Website

Okay, for all it's worth, I've managed to get my website about 26% finished, but there has been a lot of blood, sweat and tears in the process. I still can't imagine paying someone $1000 to create a site, that's crazy.

Either way, one of my biggest stumbling blocks is writing the darn bio. Sure, I could get crazy and write something whimsical and funny, but there has to be some seriousness because this website will be used as my virtual resume for any potential employers, all in the quest to launch my fabulous freelance writing career.

These sort of occasions always make me a little nervous. Also, since I am still figuring out the ropes of web design, the learning curve is steep, and even though the program in question, iWeb, is designed for completely clueless individuals as myself, there sure is a lot to learn.

I've managed to get several pages created, and it becomes a process of writing and inserting text, which is significant when you consider that this will be a writer's homepage, but also tricks to add HTML links and maybe even a snippet or two. Listen to me, as if I were suddenly Bill Gates.

Either way, I'm confident that at some point in the not-too-distant future, I'll get this done. Then begins the equally difficult, if not more so, process of coming up with article ideas and writing query letters.

Yikes, maybe I should put this off for another year. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to DGBurns for the pic.

No comments: