Friday, October 31, 2014

Back Home

The kids were away at camp all week and though it freed me up to do all sorts of things, it's nice to have them back home. We miss them when they're gone, though I'm sure they don't miss us, which is as it should be. It means they had a good time, and I can get some sense of this when we pick them up because they don't want to come home. Plus, once they're home, they not only talk glowingly about their week, but look forward to going back.

I was a little concerned about their week because it was an awful one for weather. The forecast originally called for sunny weather every day, and then within 24 hours it shifted to rain and clouds. We got hit with some sort of Nor-easter and it slammed us with rain, every single day. I was bummed, and even went so far as to email the camp directors to see how everyone was faring. I didn't want to be intrusive, and he was very cool about it, informing me that all was well. A little rain can't stop campers from having fun.

And, as usual, the kids came back with a bug, and now we have illness in our house. This actually happens every time they go to camp. I think with all the excitement and fun, plus being around all those kids, makes for a ripe environment to catch something. Now we are all recuperating from our crazy week and, of course, gearing up for hockey. The holidays are right around the corner, as well, so there's a lot to look forward to.


Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Caro-lines for the pic.

No comments: