Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Road Conditions

There have been some bad vibes on the roads lately, and I don't want to give in to overly superstitious ways of thinking, but it's a little unsettling. I was at work the other night there was some sort of accident on the main road out of Lebanon and traffic was completely stopped. I could see flashing lights in the distance, but that was about it. I ended up turning around and going through Hanover to catch the other highway home, which doubled the time of my journey, but at least I got home.

Then the other day all of us were heading over to catch a show in the big city when we saw a big plume of black smoke rising on the highway. It didn't look good, and by the time we got there, we could see a car that had careened off the highway and was on fire. I mean seriously on fire. There was a fire truck and a cop that were there to deal with it, but we managed to squeeze by before they shut down the road. What was crazy was that as we passed the car, we could feel the heat through the closed windows, and we were probably 50 feet away. I kept thinking the car was going to explode, it was a little scary. Also, since we got by, we didn't help up, which probably would have taken at least an hour.

Finally, the next day I took the kids to the TV studio and on the way home traffic on the 89 was at a standstill. I couldn't believe it, it was just like being in LA. We couldn't see the source, but we managed to get off and take side-streets, which in the end were even worse because everyone else has the same thing in mind. We sat in traffic for so long, and what should have taken us 20 minutes ended up being over 1.5 hours. What a drag.

Then again, I shouldn't complain. Nobody got hurt, we weren't in a hurry, and in the end we made it home safely. That's what really matters, right?


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to e_monk for the pic.

No comments: