Monday, October 20, 2014

Moving to the Inside

Now that I'm done with the exterior, and I do think I'm officially done (at least until My Mentor points out what I screwed up), I can now turn my attention to the interior, which is good since the weather is getting colder, though the job itself if pretty daunting. So much so, in fact, that I sometimes look at it in despair and want to just lie down until it goes away. Like all things, however, you just have to take it one step at a time until it slowly starts to dwindle. Truth be told, there are certain things that I do know how to do.

The first thing is insulation. I think it's fair to say that I've got a pretty handle on the situation... ha, famous last words. One of the hard parts is done, which was putting in the ventilation from the soffit to the ridge vent. I am in the process of putting in fiberglass, and when that's done, I will put rigid foam over that. Then we're ready fors
drywall, and we're looking good. I won't count my chickens before they hatch, but it's something I can do over the colder months. We shall see.

Once the walls are done, it's just flooring and the interior is in pretty good shape. Since I'm moving into new and uncharted territories, at least for me, it goes without saying that I'll be constantly consulting with My Mentor, but that's what mentors are for, right?


Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to BGSU RecWell for the pic.  

No comments: