Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Remembering Algebra

A has been doing more involved math and she asked me for some help with her algebra. I have to confess, it took me a moment to figure out the problem, but figure it out I did. It made me realize two things: that I never use this kind of math, but that it's pretty cool stuff. I was glad I could work through the problem, because it was kind of challenging, and I'm glad I can still help the kids with their schoolwork. It's also good to know that my brain can still function, at least some of the time. I am a little concerned, however, when the kids start doing calculus. It's been years since I even thought about that stuff, but it's good to get the gears moving once again.

The brain, after all, is not unlike a muscle. You need to put it into action on a regular basis or it gets soft, and the last thing you want is for your brain to get soft... too late for that?


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to mata din for the pic.

No comments: