Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Log Report

Our logger, TB, came through and delivered our wood this past week, and believe me when I tell you, it's a huge relief. Having wood is comforting when you live through the long New England winters. There's still, however, a lot of work that needs to be done. It's been quite the drama with wood this season, just hearing about people who can't find it and newspaper articles running with the shortages in the area. Makes me anxious, and the last thing I need in my life is more anxiety.

I had to pester TB to get the wood, and though it might get on his nerves, I've found that unless I stay on him, he sort of blows me off. It's the not-knowing that bothers me. If I could say with confidence that he would get us the wood we need every year, then I'd probably relax a little more... then again, maybe not. TB finally called us back and said it was a rough year and demand was sky-high. However, he did have some wood for us, and he said it wasn't the best wood, but he could sell it to us. What exactly does that mean?

He also raised his prices, which is a complete bummer, but it's first time in several years, and what were we going to do about it? He's got us by the YKW. Maybe in time I can shop around for a better price, but for now, I'm glad we have a decent and regular relationship with a logger, because having wood sure beats searching for the stuff in lean times.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Gary Chatterton for the pic.

No comments: