Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Pitching My Ideas

I finally worked up the huevos to pitch a story idea to the local paper, and even though I think it ended up in the slush pile, at least I finally did it. I think the story idea is a good one but the timing wasn't perfect. It's more of a summer story, so I could have waited, but timing is an issue when pitching an idea because there is a lag time between pitch and story and I'm still trying to figure that one out. There are multiple other options to try this one on.

The key is that I wrote a query, sent it in, and even got a response. The editor said he would forward it to the proper department, after which I didn't hear anything, but at least he responded. That's a plus, don't you think?

In the meantime, now that I'm feeling so empowered, I can start cranking out more queries and getting my timing down... yeah, right. Time will tell, the ball is in my court.


Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Peter Miller for the pic.

No comments: