Thursday, October 30, 2014

Rough Day and Turning To My Mentor

A couple of weeks back I had one of those Sisyphean days and it got to the point to where I needed help. We had a last-minute complication on top of our complications, so what did I do in my time of need? I turned to My Mentor, of course, and he was there for me. R had to go pick up A because she wasn't feeling well at her gig, and I had to be somewhere. I could have taken N with me, but that would have been hard for him. I tried to think who he could hang with, but our homeschool community has shrunk down to almost nothing at this point, so I called My Mentor to see if he was still in town. He heads up north for the winter, but as luck would have it, he was home and didn't have any flights planned. He said N could hang with him, so I woke him up (I hate doing that) and took him over with his laptop so the guys could hang with their computers. Thankfully, my interview was shorter than I anticipated, so N only had to hang for about an hour.

Quite the crazy morning, if you ask me, but we got through it. It really does take a village, doesn't it?


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Peggy Dembicer for the pic.

No comments: