Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Failing the Jeans Test

Nine out of ten people will tell you that it is a grave mistake thinking that low glycemic sweeteners are also low caloric. Case in point, our low glycemic cookies and brownies. Using a healthier sweetener has given me a false sense of security, and as a consequence, I’ve been eating them with reckless abandon.

While my serum glucose levels may be more stable, other areas have experienced a marked rise, namely in girth. In other words, my jeans are getting way too snug. Oh well, maybe it’s just the inevitable consequence of cruising into mid-life (crisis?).

The question is, do I give in and accept my corpulent fate, or do I do something about it? I’ll have to think about that one while I have another cookie.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to dominik krebs for the pic.

No comments: