Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Great Karate Classes

We’ve been having great classes the past couple of weeks, and it stems from the higher belts coming and helping out. It also adds an air of legitimacy to the class when higher belts (namely NS and BS) come and take part because they bring their level of skill and knowledge, plus gives the lower belts a chance to spar with a variety of people with experience.

I appreciate the higher belts, namely NS and BS, taking the time to attend. Then again, if it’s something they want to do, then they’ll (hopefully) keep coming back. Besides, BS is on the verge (deservedly so), of getting her black belt, and Master H is really pushing the idea of me getting my black belt by year’s end. I think part of his motivation is to keep his legacy going. That involves getting black belts ready to teach, and the lower belts moving up through the ranks to keep things moving along.

I just wanted to say that we are lucky to have Master H around helping us, because he is the real deal and has some amazing stories to tell. It really is a gift and a privilege. Plus, he really genuinely cares about the class and the art of karate, enough to volunteer his time and effort. That’s not something you find every day, nor is it something to be taken for granted, and we should honor his dedication with a commitment of our own.

That said, I feel like A and I need to practice more. It doesn’t take a lot of time each day, and A is such a quick learner, not to mention an enthusiastic student. It is really a question of me showing more due diligence, especially in light of making that big leap to black belt. It is weighing on my mind.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: