Sunday, February 27, 2011

Had Enough?

With the roads posted and the days getting longer, it’s easy to think that Winter is on the way out and Spring is in the air. While this may be the case, it doesn’t mean that we’re done with snow, happily so. Case in point: we had a pretty major snowstorm yesterday, and it all fell so quickly that by noon, when I finally went out to shovel it, there was at least 12 inches to deal with, if not more. Now I know how much I go on about how we love snow, but this last storm almost did me in.

I don’t know what was different this time, maybe because I’m still recovering from a cold, but shoveling was quite a chore, and our plow man didn’t come til later in the day. When he did, I got a sense he was busy or running late, because it was sort of a sloppy job, with big piles left on the driveway which yours truly had to go and clear away, thus adding to my burden.

By the time I cleared off the cars, I was pretty much spent, and I still had to shovel the walkway to the wood, and it was still snowing. For the first time this Winter, I was relieved when the snow stopped, and I have to confess, I was thinking to myself that I wouldn’t have been disappointed if it stopped for the rest of the day. It didn’t.

When I finally got it done, I was sweating bullets. Luckily, it was a nice day, not too cold, so I wasn’t suffering, and at least I got a good workout out of it. Plus, it looks so beauiful after a big snowfall, and the XC trails will have new life, so I can’t complain... uh, too late.

KB came back later to touch up the driveway. It always freaks me out a big to see his big headlights coming down the driveway late at night. AND, if you asked me if I still wanted to get more snow, my answer would definitely be yes, with maybe a few days in-between to recover.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: