Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pottery Revelations

We were at pottery and I got to thinking that I could make some practical stuff that could be used around the house. The kids have a blast just making little figurines and hanging with the A&D, and I like just hanging out in a cool place with good friends and nice atmosphere.

Then I got to thinking that I could make some real stuff, especially with BL and KM (both artists, extraordinaire) there to advise and hold my hand. I couldn’t find a better opportunity. I felt bad about using too much clay, but BL said clay wasn’t that expensive, and I shouldn’t worry so much about it.

Say no more. I made this coffee mug that was a little too big, but it was my first effort. Next up, a utensil caddy, maybe one day, a baking stone, before you know it, the world. This could get interesting.

In the meantime, we’re making all sorts of cool knick knacks. I re-made the mouse we gave to Auntie D, though this time I did the entire mouse family. N did some really cool abstract art stuff, he really has a good eye/feel for these things, and A made some really cute birds.

We can’t wait for the next class. Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: